What is All-on-4 ?
All-on-4 is a revolutionary approach to replace a full arch of teeth with only 4 implants. It is a concept that combines surgical, prosthetic and laboratory services to deliver fixed teeth to patients immediately as teeth are removed. Patients are therefore able to save time and money with increased comfort. This procedure was developed in the 1990’s as a collaboration between Nobel Biocare and a Portuguese dentist named Paulo Malo.
Hallmarks of this procedure include:
- Immediate placement of implants
- Immediate Loading (placement) of fixed bridge
- Tilted posterior (back) implants to avoid vital structures such as nerves and sinuses
- A CAD-CAM designed and milled titanium bar with resin teeth
- High success rates- 98%
- May eliminate the need for bone grafting (making the procedure more comfortable, faster, and less expensive)
- Procedure is well-tolerated
- Splinting or connecting implants allows for treatment of patients with diabetes, osteoporosis or other health conditions which are often contraindications for bone grafting
- Teeth-in-a-day procedure! ONE surgery!
- Natural-looking, fixed teeth that look and function like your own teeth
- Easy to maintain and clean bridges
- Cost-savings– typically about half the cost of alternative techniques (saving on bone grafting and additional implants)
This is a term that dentists use to describe the point in which a person’s teeth are beyond restoration with conventional dentistry. Terminal Dentition is caused by a combination of factors including: Gum disease (Periodontal Disease), tooth wear, drug addiction, genetics, dry mouth (xerostomia), cavities, smoking, trauma, poor oral hygiene, prior tooth loss, systemic diseases and failing restorations. Once a person’s teeth reach this point, dentures and partial dentures used to be our only solution. Now with dental implants and the precision of AO4 restorations, we offer our patients a chance to renew their smiles and health with the least amount of discomfort than ever before.